The focus of this website is to document and share the histories and stories of the Dunagan’s of North Georgia and related families. My quest began years ago, when I ask my dad about his grandfather and his great grandfather. Now almost forty years later, I am still learning about those who came before us, so that those who come after us will know. It has been said that you can not know where you are going if you do not first know from where you came. Laurence Overmire said “Over the course of the millennia, all these ancestors in your tree, generation upon generation, have come down to this moment in time-to give birth to you. There has never been, nor will ever be, another like you. You have been given a tremendous responsibility. You carry the hopes and dreams of all those who have gone before.” So it is here that I hope to make those from whom we came come alive in our hearts and our minds so that they like us will always be remembered.
I was born in Hall County Georgia where my ancestors have lived since the late 1790’s. My heritage is rich in histories and stories of my Dunagan ancestors and their related families. Being born and raised here has enriched my knowledge by tales that have been passed on from generation to generation. I have made it my personal quest to gather this knowledge and preserve it for our future generations.
- Dunagan Family Reunion 2019 June 18, 2019
- The Dunagan Family Reunion 2017 August 9, 2017
- Frederick Dunagan 1824-1907 August 4, 2017
- The Will of Benjamin Black Dunagan 1795-1884 September 2, 2015
- Dunagan, Georgia January 24, 2014
- Our Dunagan Reunion 2013 August 27, 2013
- My Patriot Forefathers by Darline Dunagan Scruggs June 30, 2013
- Orders to Build at Donnegan’s Station 1793 May 24, 2013
- “Thar’s Gold in Them Thar Georgia Hills” April 3, 2013
- Dunagan Land Warrants in Georgia March 26, 2013
Darline Dunagan Scru… on Dunagan Family Reunion 20… Frankie Chadwick on Dunagan Family Reunion 20… Darline Dunagan Scru… on Dunagan Family Reunion 20… Darlene Landry on Dunagan Family Reunion 20… Sharon White on Orders to Build at Donnegan…