This is an 1899 map showing Dunagan, Hall County, Georgia. It is here that Joseph and Joshua Dunagan brought the first group of white settlers. Shortly after their arrival, Ezekiel and Isaiah came with the second group of settlers. Ezekiel stayed and raised his family in this same area. At the time of his death in 1836, he owned three thousand acres. Ezekiel’s descendants remained on his land and built a community that was known as Dunagan, Georgia. The Dunagan community can be seen on this map located under the “A” in the word “HALL”.
I was born in Hall County Georgia where my ancestors have lived since the late 1790’s. My heritage is rich in histories and stories of my Dunagan ancestors and their related families. Being born and raised here has enriched my knowledge by tales that have been passed on from generation to generation. I have made it my personal quest to gather this knowledge and preserve it for our future generations.
- The Dunagan Family Reunion 2017 August 9, 2017
- Frederick Dunagan 1824-1907 August 4, 2017
- The Will of Benjamin Black Dunagan 1795-1884 September 2, 2015
- Dunagan, Georgia January 24, 2014
- Our Dunagan Reunion 2013 August 27, 2013
- My Patriot Forefathers by Darline Dunagan Scruggs June 30, 2013
- Orders to Build at Donnegan’s Station 1793 May 24, 2013
- “Thar’s Gold in Them Thar Georgia Hills” April 3, 2013
- Dunagan Land Warrants in Georgia March 26, 2013
- A Letter From James Reid Dunagan to R C Wood 1895 March 20, 2013
BestSherry on The Dunagan Family Reunion… Lynn (Cissy) Turner… on My Patriot Forefathers by Darl… Lisa Maureen Michael on A Letter From James Reid Dunag… Getting into the Fai… on Dunagan Family Bible Reco… Darline Dunagan Scru… on Following Joseph